A. BURSARY CONDITIONS
- Bursaries are only awarded to South African citizens and permanent residents and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, including female students. Proof of permanent residence permit must be submitted with application for bursary.
- Bursaries are only available for full-time, on-campus students.
- You must be admitted to the degree programme as indicated on your application before any bursary payments will be made. If you want to change your programme or research project you will have to apply in writing to do so and may forfeit your bursary if it is decided that the new programme/project is no longer part of the focus of the Postgraduate Programme in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Studies. Submit proof of acceptance to the programme with your application.
- You may not hold any other bursaries in conjunction with this bursary except for university awarded merit bursaries. This restriction will apply to all bursaries from the National Research Foundation, employers such as Eskom and SASOL, and bursaries from trusts or other donor agencies.
- All merit bursaries that you receive must be reported to the Centre as soon as they are awarded, including the amount of said bursaries.
- You may not commit more than eight hours per week to any additional income generating work. Any such work, and the amount of income you will receive from it, must be declared to and approved by your supervisor and the Director of the Centre.
B. RESEARCH TOPICS
For available research topics go to : http://crses.sun.ac.za/research-available-topics-solar
C. BURSARY AMOUNTSMasters-degree: R100 000 per year for 2 years PhD-degree: R150 000 per year for 3 years
D. CLOSING DATE FOR 2017 APPLICATIONS: 15 September 2016
Applications will open August 2016
E. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Click HERE to download the application form
Application form and relevant document must be submitted to the CRSES by:
- Sending email to crses (at) sun (dot) ac (dot) za
- Sending a fax to 021 883 8513
- By hand to Room 404, Engineering Knowledge Centre, Faculty of Engineering, Stellenbosch University